An investor, mentor and advisor to the next generation of American food companies, former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb has a long and varied entrepreneurial history, ranging from natural food retailer to farmer to consultant. Robb joined Whole Foods Market in 1991 and in 2010 was named co-CEO, at which time he joined the Whole Foods Market Board of Directors.
In 2017, Robb transitioned his leadership focus to mentoring and supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs through the creation of Stonewall Robb Advisors. Robb brings his considerable experience and network into each new project, and organizations of all sizes can benefit from his passionate approach to leadership and purpose driven business. If you are interested in working with Walter, and Stonewall Robb, please contact us.
Organic food, natural food, was the first green industry in the United States, and we’ve kind of forgotten that because we take it for granted now. One reason we take it for granted is because it’s everywhere now. And, it’s everywhere now in no small measure because of Walter Robb.
— Ken Cook, President Environmental Working Group
Whole Foods Market
- Co-Chief Executive Officer, 2010–2016
- Chief Operating Officer and Co-President, 2001–2010
- Executive Vice-President of Operations, 2000–2001
- President, Northern Pacific Region, 1993–2000
- Store Team Leader, 1991–1993
- Built company from 12 to 475 stores.
- Designed and oversaw the construction of company flagship stores, including the flagship store located at the company headquarters.
- Led technology upgrade implementing three new platforms.
- Led creation of customer rewards program.
- Founded the Whole Kids and Whole Cities Foundations.
- As COO, oversaw and responsible for operations and financial results.
- Represented company in the financial community and other constituencies.
- Cultural Warrior
- Director, Apeel Sciences 2018–current
- Director, New Barn, Inc. – 2017–current
- Director, Heat Genie, 2017–current
- Director, FoodMaven, 2017–current
- Director, Union Square Hospitality Group, 2014–current
- Director, The Container Store, 2014–current
- Chairman, The Whole Kids Foundation, 2008–2017
- Chairman, The Whole Cities Foundation, 2012–2017
- Director, Whole Foods Market, 2010–2017
- Director, Retail Industry Leaders Association, 2010–2016
- Regent, University of the Pacific Board of Regents, 2008–2015
- Director, Organic Center for Education and Promotion, 2002–2009
Stanford University, Phi Beta Kappa –1976